comments 6

Major DIY project

I made an apron!!!!! Because the pretty ones from Anthropologie are too expensive 🙂

Awhile ago, I posted two fabric swatches, but I wasn’t able to find those in my local fabric store, so I found a different one. CHEVRON! I love those happy stripes ;).

Here’s a little documentary of my process. No, I do not follow patterns. I’m not sure if I know how. I had a picture in mind (from Anthropologie), and I used a skirt to measure out the bottom half of the apron, and used a tank top to measure the top half. I think it turned out pretty well for a first try!

My mom is an amazing seamstress, so I’d like to think that I have inherited some of her talents… I wish I paid more attention when she was making stuff! I will definitely take lessons from her one day :).

Total fabric cost: $10 (half yard of the white cotton fabric, and 1 yard of the chevron cotton fabric). I used only half of each fabric to make this apron.

Advertisements

6 Comments

  1. stephanie

    That is super cute, and you did an excellent job sewing it. I like!

  2. Happy apron! Keep it up. You are gifted by HIM with creativity and are using your gifts. We’re happy to call you family!

  3. Pingback: Chalkboards | luminositie

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s